[Owasp-board] OWASP Funding Proposal

Michael Coates michael.coates at owasp.org
Thu Oct 8 15:58:00 UTC 2015

Thanks Josh,

That makes sense for 2017 planning.

My concern was that with #3 the "$61,291.02 to be budgeted for 2016" could
potentially go untouched by some chapters. Imagine 25 chapters that choose
to spend $0 of the $500 in 2016. What happens to that 25*$500 dollars when
2017 rolls around? Does it stay in the chapter budget indefinitely or
return to the foundation for new budgeting in 2017?

This is actually a pretty small amount so I'm not that concerned. But I
wanted to avoid the creation of new "ring fenced" funds that we don't have
planning on how to handle if it goes stale. This would only be for
scenarios when the chapter spends none of the $500 funds provided.

I'd be just fine with an addition to item #3 that gives us room to
reevaluate for 2017 e.g. "Chapters that choose not to spend any funds of
the $500 duriby December, 2016 will have those funds reevaluated by the
foundation for 2017 budgetting"

--
Michael Coates | @_mwc <https://twitter.com/intent/user?screen_name=_mwc>
OWASP Global Board