[Owasp-board] OWASP Funding Proposal

Josh Sokol josh.sokol at owasp.org
Thu Oct 8 12:26:18 UTC 2015


With respect to #3, at this point this is a one-time only initiative with a
note that we should consider it in future years.  I like your idea, but
feel like since the language here indicates only on January 1, 2016, it's
not necessary for this vote.  I will update my notes to consider that for

With respect to #4, it depends on our intent.  Startup is often times the
most difficult for new chapters and projects.  My goal was to add fuel to
their fire by giving them a kickstart.  Putting additional requirements on
this would slow that process down so I'm inclined against that limitation.


On Thu, Oct 8, 2015 at 1:26 AM, Michael Coates <michael.coates at owasp.org>

> I feel pretty good about it overall. I'm good with all proposals with the
> exception of minor notes for consideration on 3 and 4
> I have a small request for item #3. Chapters which have spent $0 by the
> end of 2016 will have the $500 fund removed from the chapter balance and
> this initial funding must be reevaluated and reapproved by the foundation
> for 2017.
> My concern is if we give out all these booster funds and then some
> chapters don't touch them at all in 2016. This suggested addition does not
> mean they automatically loose the funds but it does mean the board has to
> reevaluate those booster funds (if they were entirely untouched in 2016)
> before they are reallocated to chapter in 2017.
> For proposal #4 should we not wait until the project  reaches lab status?
> For the chapter what about waiting until the chapter holds 2 meetings
> before granting the funds?
> On Oct 7, 2015, at 8:54 PM, Josh Sokol <josh.sokol at owasp.org> wrote:
> Board,
> Almost two weeks has past since my funding proposal was put on hold at the
> September Board Meeting.  It's been put out for the community to comment on
> and, after some discussion, I made a couple of subtle tweaks for
> clarification purposes to proposals 9 and 10, but it is otherwise pretty
> much the same proposal as what I had originally presented.  We have had a
> couple of members of the community communicate in favor of the plan.  The
> two dissenters, Azzedine and Richard, have been addressed after a
> clarification of the wording and intent.  The only Board member who I have
> received feedback on it during this time period is Jim, and I believe he
> stated that his issues have been sufficiently addressed.  Are there any
> other concerns out there before it can be brought to a vote?  Here are the
> current proposals:
> https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Proposal_for_2015-09-25_OWASP_Board_Meeting
> If there are no further comments and we feel that two weeks is a
> sufficient time for feedback, then I would like to proceed with an e-mail
> vote so that we do not have to waste additional time on it during the
> October Board Meeting.  Thoughts?
> ~josh
> _______________________________________________
> Owasp-board mailing list
> Owasp-board at lists.owasp.org
> https://lists.owasp.org/mailman/listinfo/owasp-board
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.owasp.org/pipermail/owasp-board/attachments/20151008/ada9a59a/attachment.html>

More information about the Owasp-board mailing list