[Owasp-board] OWASP Funding Proposal

Michael Coates michael.coates at owasp.org
Thu Oct 8 06:26:38 UTC 2015

I feel pretty good about it overall. I'm good with all proposals with the exception of minor notes for consideration on 3 and 4

I have a small request for item #3. Chapters which have spent $0 by the end of 2016 will have the $500 fund removed from the chapter balance and this initial funding must be reevaluated and reapproved by the foundation for 2017.

My concern is if we give out all these booster funds and then some chapters don't touch them at all in 2016. This suggested addition does not mean they automatically loose the funds but it does mean the board has to reevaluate those booster funds (if they were entirely untouched in 2016) before they are reallocated to chapter in 2017.

For proposal #4 should we not wait until the project  reaches lab status? For the chapter what about waiting until the chapter holds 2 meetings before granting the funds?