[Owasp-board] Questions regarding Developer outreach program

Jim Manico jim.manico at owasp.org
Mon Nov 23 23:55:41 UTC 2015

Now you're talking, Matt. The activities listed below are largely high value, IMO.

In terms of standards, DHS and IEEE are often way behind. The most useful standards relating to our mission are being built at the w3c and IETF. But maybe I'm missing something from DHS/IEEE that is appsec related.

Also, please consider donating some time to the OWASP ASVS. It's not perfect, but from what I have seen it's the best AppSec standard out there today.

Also, please consider finding a way to help add more security into common frameworks and languages with this effort. That's the #1 way to really help devs, IMO.

Aloha,
--
Jim Manico
Global Board Member