[Owasp-board] Questions regarding Developer outreach program

Jim Manico jim.manico at owasp.org
Mon Nov 23 23:33:16 UTC 2015

I agree with your concern, Johanna. Going to developer conferences feels good but it largely ineffective and does not really scale. Most of OWASP's efforts are on conferences in general, and I think we can do more in service of our mission. (By the same token I'm really proud of our staff and the work they do to put on amazing conferences).

I'd much rather spend these funds funding and working with popular software frameworks to provide additional automatic security controls where we can. This is how you change the AppSec world for the better, but its a huge leap from what we do today and most folks I've talked to in leadership are opposed to that kind of funding.

--
Jim Manico
Global Board Member