[Owasp-board] Fwd: OWASP Latam Tour 2016

Paul Ritchie paul.ritchie at owasp.org
Wed Nov 4 23:26:15 UTC 2015

To OWASP Board Members:

Just an FYI on Laura's efforts as Events Manager to help Kick-off and
manage the LATAM Tour for 2016.
In addition to a Budget template and Sponsorship template.......we also
created a 'Responsibilities & Guidelines' document to help our LATAM
Chapter leaders understand their responsibilities vs. the responsibilities
handled by the Foundation.

While the LATAM Tour is labeled a 'Local & Regional' event, it has received
significantly more Foundation resource than a normal Local event.
Laura provides significant time into venue & program management.  In years
past, she has traveled site to site as well and we believe that will be
required in 2016 since Fabio will not be able to lead the program in 2016.
Kate builds and manages the registration system.  Alison handles all
accounting & vendor payments.
Kelly coordinates all Sponsor documents & promotes the LATAM opportunities
with her key contacts.

So, the key message is to recognize the level of resource required for the
LATAM Tour from many on staff.
I also wanted to point out our efforts to improve communication & clarify
roles with some of our community leaders via these kinds of tools and
guideline documents.
The goal here is to improve efficiency by clearly identifying roles between
Foundation & community.

No action required, just FYI at this point.
Paul

Best Regards, Paul Ritchie
OWASP Executive Director
paul.ritchie at owasp.org