[Owasp-board] Empty and incomplete projects again

johanna curiel curiel johanna.curiel at owasp.org
Wed Nov 4 23:15:45 UTC 2015

Hi Claudia

I think it motivates a leader to 'obtain and earn' a wiki project page at
owasp  when they have to work and deliver some content
Right now these projects are empty and now your work is to be behind these
leaders so they can produce content?

The conditions were clear: Produce a content then you can obtain and setup
a wiki page. Minimum requirement is at least a plan called 'Table of
Contents', that is not hard to do and at least the leaders has shown he has
think of a plan.

All new projects that were started before you joined owasp , when we
defined these rules, were done like this and it worked. Wether leaders
invest the energy and 'earn' a wiki project space and are able to announce
they have a project or never is announced.

This rule was implemented to avoid 'phoney' projects.

I don't know WHY has been decides to change the rules (but on the website
are still the old ones)

Again If we made rules for a very good reason, why are they broken now and
not clearly communicated?  My advice is, communicate with the Project
leaders on then mailing list or the slack, create a survey and see how
people feel about this.

Again, WHY has been this changed and how this benefits owaps image? Please
think about this.

regards

Johanna