[Owasp-board] RSA

Michael Coates michael.coates at owasp.org
Sun May 31 19:40:29 UTC 2015

A good item for discussion on the board call. I wouldn't say that our
mission circles around not endorsing commercial endeavors. The two snippets
below point at the primary goal of software security visibility and the
second quote points about freedom from commercial pressure but also
acknowledgement that inforaed use of commercial technology is fine.

My point is that from a mission perspective I don't believe we have to
actively avoid a more commercial conference. Of course, it it provides no
value then that's another thing.

Food for thought, good item to discuss on the board call.

"Our mission is to make software security visible, so that individuals and
organizations worldwide can make informed decisions about true software
security risks."

and

https://www.owasp.org/index.php/About_The_Open_Web_Application_Security_Project

"Our freedom from commercial pressures allows us to provide unbiased,
practical, cost-effective information about application security. OWASP is
not affiliated with any technology company, although we support the
informed use of commercial security technology."

--
Michael Coates | @_mwc <https://twitter.com/intent/user?screen_name=_mwc>
OWASP Global Board