[Owasp-board] AppSecUSA Free Trainings

Jim Manico jim.manico at owasp.org
Thu May 28 19:50:52 UTC 2015

First of all, this is a great idea. But it's not a new idea - there have
been many volunteers offering free training at a number of levels and we
should be grateful for them. :)

Part of our mission statement is:

" Everyone is free to participate in OWASP andall of our materials are
available under a free and open software license."

So by all means do more free training. It's what we are supposed to be
doing. :)

What I want to challenge the foundation to do is let these free
trainings, free materials and open source be the focus of what we do
*even at conferences*. The fact that we do paid commercial training at
conferences using proprietary materials is against our mission in my
opinion.

Rock on AppSecUSA and thank you for doing this.

Aloha,
Jim Manico