[Owasp-board] AppSecUSA Free Trainings
michael.coates at owasp.org
Thu May 28 18:16:14 UTC 2015
Note: This idea is not fully finalized. Anyone watching this thread should
wait to prepare any materials until the final doc is publicly shared on
The AppSecUSA team is planning to launch a new idea - free 1 hour training
sessions held during the conference.
A few quick points:
1. These won't compete with our 2 day paid training courses offered before
2. This approach will only accept open source materials (see the link) and
no freemium tools from vendors
3. This idea will result in building an owasp repository of open training
4. We are standardizing on virtualbox (free) so attendees can setup their
environment with no software costs.
5. Presentation decks must be submitted ahead of time and must use the
I'm circulating this idea to the board since there have been previous
discussions around free training and it's role at conferences.
Other note - while I appreciate feedback on the specifics of the plan. This
is something we're ironing out at the AppSecUSA planning team. We'll
certainly take anyone's feedback, but ultimately we'll make the final call
on the details.
Michael Coates | @_mwc <https://twitter.com/intent/user?screen_name=_mwc>
OWASP Global Board
Join me at AppSecUSA <http://AppSecUSA.org> 2015 in San Francisco!
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Owasp-board