[Owasp-board] Eu event management resource?

Josh Sokol josh.sokol at owasp.org
Tue May 26 22:14:44 UTC 2015

OWASP doesn't have unlimited resources and hiring full-time staff is
expensive.  We need to weigh the benefits versus the cost.  If this need is
in support of AppSecEU, then could this be integrated into the AppSecEU
budget?  Is there an event management company that could provide a
part-time resource to help us in that area and provide the localized
support that is desired?  I just hesitate when our solution to a problem is
to hire another employee as that comes with significant costs and
expectations that go way beyond a salary and it doesn't seem like this is a
full-time need at this point.  I'd like to see Jim's questions answered
before making any decisions on this.

~josh