[Owasp-board] Training....

Jim Manico jim.manico at owasp.org
Sat May 9 23:26:07 UTC 2015

Michael,

It's only illegal to over-compensate board members. It's ok to
otherwise pay board members for legit services - but paying board
members is a risk that sends up red flags and is something I want to
keep away from. Getting legit expenses covered, like board travel, is
very much ok.

Here is a good reference that discusses some of the pros and cons of
board level compensation. It's a good start to understand the
sensitive nature of this issue and the applicable laws in play.

http://www.asaecenter.org/Resources/whitepaperdetail.cfm?ItemNumber=22981

Regards,
--
Jim Manico