[Owasp-board] Update - CFT Issue re:PCI training via OWASP

Jim Manico jim.manico at owasp.org
Fri May 8 14:48:48 UTC 2015

> If I understood well from Paul's email, the idea is that the materials
are free, just exactly as an OWASP training during the conference.

OWASP Conference training is not open source or free, it's all vendor
proprietary training that is limited to paid attendees only. I feel that it
is counter to our mission to have closed training like that since we claim
"everyone is welcome to participate... all our materials are under an open
license" etc.

--
Jim Manico
@Manicode

On May 7, 2015, at 1:29 PM, johanna curiel curiel <johanna.curiel at owasp.org>
wrote:

Hi Jim

>>to support our strategic goal I suggest we build free training materials
for all to use.

If I understood well from Paul's email, the idea is that the materials are
free, just exactly as an OWASP training during the conference.  I also
support this, indeed we should think a concept as coursera does, live
training is similar to OWASP conference training

as Paul mentioned:
3.  To ensure the content was not exclusive, we required the open webinar
training to be produced

regards

Johanna