[Owasp-board] Fwd: OWASP Foundation - PCI Training - Call for trainers

Jason Li jason.li at owasp.org
Wed May 6 21:48:27 UTC 2015

So was this a legitimate email?
Per Martin's message, I'm a little surprised to see it given OWASP's general stance on vendor neutrality.
If the training will be publicly available via OWASP channels and revenue is split with the organization, it would seem reasonable by an outsider to infer endorsement of the trainer by OWASP.
Per Michael's note, some additional details and insights might help frame the request...
-Jason

    _____________________________
                                       From: "The OWASP Foundation" <           The_OWASP_Foundation at mail.vresp.com>
           Date: May 5, 2015 at 7:39:12 PM PDT
           To:            owasp-summit-2013 at owasp.org

                     OWASP has been asked by an organization to provide PCI training to their team of 125 developers and a high level training to their 1000+ end users, or "card handlers"
                                                                Below are the general guidelines for the training program

The developer training will be held as 5, 4 hour, virtual classes with 25 students in each class.

The card handler training will be completed through a 1 hour recorded webinar.

The recorded webinar will be posted on the OWASP YouTube Channel and be publicly available.

This is a paid training opportunity.  The standard 40/60 revenue split with the trainer will be in effect.

Please submit your course outline and abstract here:                                              https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=pci20150
                                                                   Submission Deadline is May 15, 2015                                                                                     In addition to the CFT, we would also like to engage the community to be on the team to review the proposals.  Members of the review team can not have submitted proposals. If you are able to participate, please Contact Us

                                                                   If you no longer wish to receive these emails, please reply to this message with "Unsubscribe" in the subject line or simply click on the following link: Unsubscribe                                                                                                           The OWASP Foundation
 1200-C Agora Drive
 Bel Air, Maryland 21014
 US