[Owasp-board] OWASP Strategic Goals 2015 - evote
tobias.gondrom at owasp.org
Tue Mar 17 00:15:09 UTC 2015
Dear fellow board members,
we finished our process of community input and review rounds for our
strategic goals 2015.
As in the last round there was no further feedback, I hereby like to ask
for your evote to approve our strategic goals for 2015.
Please do submit your vote as soon as possible.
*2015 OWASP Strategic Goals – Final **Version for evote**
*1. Build a scalable OWASP training program that spreads security
training around the world**
* Metric - Quantity & Geographic Distribution: Hold at least 2 Global
AppSec Training conferences (US & EU), include training in LATAM and
AsiaPac Tours in 2015, and support over 50 Chapter training events
(live or online) during 2015.
* Metric – Charitable, Not for Profit Training: Organize, promote &
implement ‘free to attend’ training events - live or online.
* Metric: Track & report on new OWASP related curriculum, and
translations of current curriculum.
* Metric: Track OWASP presence at developer events and conferences.
Example - Speaker or Developer Training sessions. (secondary
benefit: leverage that presence with booth and information about OWASP)
* Board & Community Sponsors: Andrew van der Stock, others TBD
* Foundation Support: Foundation sponsored Events management,
Foundation sponsored reimbursement for Speaker/Training travel
expenses, Foundation supported tools including wiki documentation,
webinar access and YouTube postings.
*2. Strengthen OWASP chapters and increase Chapter’s abilities to spread
message of OWASP through locally organized and run events.**
* Metric: Chapter participation in at least 60 local events (events
hosted by chapter or chapter participation in a non-OWASP
outreach/AppSec event) by the end of the year.
* Metric: Hold at least 3 virtual chapter leader meetings in addition
to in-person chapter meetings (at global AppSec conferences) to
promote more collaboration and support between chapter leaders
* Metric: All chapters with funds in excess of $5,000 to be engaged in
annual budgeting by submitting high level summary of 2015 Chapter
activities and how funds are projected to be used in support of
Chapter & Foundation Goals.
* Board & Community Sponsors: Matt Konda, Josh Sokol, others TBD
* Foundation Support: Local/Regional Events management and sponsor
support, Events registration & financial support, wiki documentation
& support for continuing language translations, Updates to Chapter
leader handbook and Branding Tools/Guidelines, Updates to ‘How to’
Guides and New Chapter training materials, Continuous posting of
Chapter budgets & transaction details, Foundation Contract &
Co-Marketing support, Foundation Community Manager.
*3. Mature the OWASP Projects Platform: Provide the OWASP projects
community a mature project platform to encourage senior developers to
participate in the various and many OWASP projects. *
* Metric: Identify and engage with at least 5 developer conferences to
assist OWASP participation in developer conferences, with either
free or paid training or speaker slots or track
* Metric: OWASP presence at 100 developer events. Example - Speaker
or Training sessions, booth presence, or other co-marketing
* Metric: TBD re: definition and metrics in support of a ‘mature
* Board & Community Sponsors: TBD
* Foundation Support: Project Coordinator on staff, Foundation funds
for project support via Community engagement, Foundation
reimbursement for Speaker travel expenses, Foundation support for
Project Summit events, Foundation support for IT support of systems
used by Project teams.
Thank you very much and looking forward to launching our focus on these
exciting goals for 2015.
Chairman OWASP Global Board
email: tobias.gondrom at owasp.org <mailto:tobias.gondrom at owasp.org>
mobile: +852 56002975
mobile: +44 7521003005
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Owasp-board