[Owasp-board] [Owasp-leaders] Final Call for 2016 AppSec Conference Proposals

Tobias tobias.gondrom at owasp.org
Mon Mar 16 22:30:23 UTC 2015

Hi all,

a good of learning and building up promotion and chapter activity in the
Africa region could be to do an OWASP tour in 2015 (across a set of
Africa chapters, see our Latam tour happening in April) and run an
AppSec conference in 2016.
The tour can help improve chapter activity levels which later can
increase participation at an AppSec. The events at an OWASP tour can be
half-day to full-day plus optional some training day if you like... So
in many ways like good start path Josh mentioned.

For an OWASP Africa tour, we would need to know which chapter in Africa
would like to participate and host a half-day or full-day. And at least
4-6 months before the events.

Just my 2cents.

Tobias