[Owasp-board] [Owasp-leaders] Final Call for 2016 AppSec Conference Proposals

Josh Sokol josh.sokol at owasp.org
Mon Mar 16 21:48:01 UTC 2015

Azzeddine,

Our OWASP Austin Chapter was in a similar boat when we first started
LASCON.  I am happy to help from afar by sharing with you my experiences
and by guiding your approach.  My advice would be to start by assembling a
core team of trustworthy people (in the sense that you can count on them to
do what they say).  Get the team together and start brainstorming the best
time of the year to do your conference and the best location to do it in.
If you've never done a conference before, maybe start with a simple
half-day of talks (3-4 speakers) to get your feet wet.  From there, you
should learn a few lessons, and build up confidence toward running a
full-day event.  Baby steps.  You have my support both as a former
conference Chair, as well as a Board member, but you guys will need a team
of local(ish) people to do the heavy lifting.  Can you start with that and
I can advise further once you've got your team assembled?

~josh