[Owasp-board] SWAMP Project Request

johanna curiel curiel johanna.curiel at owasp.org
Fri Mar 13 10:31:15 UTC 2015

Kate,

The main condition is to be open source and to have an open source license.

After having used the swamp, it is quite difficult to categorized it as a
code or tool but especially being open source.

I consider the swap a service and it's environment is not open , in fact,
you run scanning on code and tool projects in a closed environment to the
user on their servers.

What I consider the swamp a great service to verify the quality of certain
projects that can be run in their servers and I believe that projects that
can run their code in these servers could make excellent use of it as a
verification of minimum quality.

I have ideas regarding how we could encourage projects to run their
code especially if we link this to measuring quality criteria when doing
reviews and gaining higher status and I would like to discuss this with you
and the board if you are interested

Regards

Johanna