[Owasp-board] Meetups

Noreen Whysel noreen.whysel at owasp.org
Tue Mar 10 11:38:07 UTC 2015

Hi Bev,

This is the full policy on geographic area from Chapter 3 of the Chapter Leader Handbook:
https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Chapter_Handbook/Chapter_3:_How_to_Start_a_Chapter

Geographic area
An OWASP local chapter organizes OWASP activity in a given geographical area. A person or a group (the "founding members") can request to start a new chapter in a geographical area not currently served by an OWASP group.
One key to a successful OWASP chapter is selecting the right geographical area. Naturally the geographical area should not overlap with an existing chapter. OWASP chapters promote face-to-face meetings and the geographical area covered should be no more than a reasonable travel for a meeting. On the other hand the area should be large enough to serve enough people who are interested in web application security and enough people to be active in the chapter.

Noreen Whysel
Community Manager
OWASP Foundation