[Owasp-board] OWASP Summer Code Sprint Proposal

johanna curiel curiel johanna.curiel at owasp.org
Wed Mar 4 13:10:56 UTC 2015

HI Matt

I agree on many levels regarding your point of view but then, what are the
options? Keep on doing what we are right now? I think that does not moves
us forward. I would like to hear what can instead of what  cannot. The idea
is to come with ideas to help us move us forward.

One step at a time, meaning help improve the projects. We do not need to
become Eclipse or Linux but we can improve our project's quality. That is
my point.

Regarding Gsoc, I'm not sure if spending 30K is such a great idea.I think
that first, we need to analyze which projects did deliver and made good use
of the Gsoc program and after the Gsoc how are these projects being used
and consumed and their project leaders are standing behind them for further
development.

I don't think is a good idea to use these kind of programs for a one time
development and then, dump the project for the next year. Unfortunately,
that's the case for some of these projects

regards

Johanna