[Owasp-board] OWASP not selected for GSoC

Fabio Cerullo fcerullo at owasp.org
Tue Mar 3 14:10:08 UTC 2015

Tobias,

I don’t believe we lack in any particular areas.. the proposal was exactly the same as previous years.

The reasoning provided to Mozilla sums it up quite well..

http://blog.queze.net/post/2015/03/03/Mozilla-not-accepted-for-Google-Summer-of-Code-2015 <http://blog.queze.net/post/2015/03/03/Mozilla-not-accepted-for-Google-Summer-of-Code-2015>

Some orgs could survive without Google support for a year.. while others depending on it. So I think this year Google decided to leave out the big players like Linux, Tor, Mozilla, OWASP and give those slots to smaller organisations.

Fabio