[Owasp-board] Update on 2016 AppSec Conference & 'Call to Host'

Tobias tobias.gondrom at owasp.org
Mon Mar 2 16:27:04 UTC 2015

Yes, the tour concept is probably more effective for the Asia region.
People indeed travel much less across the region compared to Europe or
USA. And for some countries there are Visa hurdles, etc.

Having said that, Japan pulled off an exceptional Asia AppSec last year
in Tokyo. And I believe it also gave the Japan chapter an exciting and
well deserved further energy boost. To some degrees AppSecs can be
virtuous cycles. :-)

My ideal goal is to have an AppSec AsiAPAC and and Asia tour to help
promoting it across the region. However only few of the chapters in Asia
have a strong number of active volunteers to help organise and run an
AppSec. (after all, the effort the org team needs to put into this is
immense....)

Sadly, for 2015, we will not have an AppSec in Asia and I plan to have
an Asia tour again in Q4 2015. Though we definitely need volunteers and
speakers to help with that.

Best regards, Tobias