[Owasp-board] AppSecUSA 2016 - Discussion

Josh Sokol josh.sokol at owasp.org
Tue Jun 30 01:28:45 UTC 2015

Can we start the discussion by listing all of our options?

   1. Find out why the Chapters are not wanting to step up and drive
   AppSecUSA.  Figure out how to incentivize them to do so.  If we don't do
   this, then this is a problem that we're not solving and will perpetuate
   into future years.
   2. Have the OWASP staff drive the AppSecUSA planning.  By having AppSec
   become a Foundation-driven event, do we lose some of it's personality in
   the process?  How do we ensure that we have enough volunteers to pull it
   off?
   3. Cancel or postpone it.  Obviously this would have a negative affect
   on OWASP's bottom line.

Are there any other options that I'm missing?

~josh