[Owasp-board] AppSecUSA 2016 - Discussion
michael.coates at owasp.org
Mon Jun 29 19:09:53 UTC 2015
I'd like to suggest the following for discussion and information gathering.
*Motion to move full responsibility of planning and execution of the
AppSecUSA 2016 conference to the OWASP Foundation.*
- Open call for hosts conducted and conference is awarded to the most
- No submissions for AppSecUSA were submitted during first or second call
(took place December and January 2014/2015)
- A third call was recently announced by Laura just a few weeks ago.
- Conference planning needs 18 months. Planning within 12 months is
possible, but much more difficult
- If we don't make a decision to invest this to the full time resources of
the foundation, we won't have AppSecUSA 2016
- This would lead to a significant impact on foundation resources
Opening for discussion. Thanks for your thoughts.
Michael Coates | @_mwc <https://twitter.com/intent/user?screen_name=_mwc>
OWASP Global Board
Join me at AppSecUSA <http://AppSecUSA.org> 2015 in San Francisco!
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Owasp-board