[Owasp-board] Higher Criteria on Starting projects

johanna curiel curiel johanna.curiel at owasp.org
Sun Jun 28 02:25:18 UTC 2015

Hi Matt

The Low Activity Category refers to projects that have a complete
deliverable and have shown to be very useful projects but do not have an
active project leaders or are not planning to launch a new updated version.
As you know , security and IT developments do not stand still.

As described for low activity: 'Projects might have a recession period of
activity, especially after they have reached a certain level of maturity,
however the content could be outdated based on the amount of time (6
months/ 1 year)

This project has not been downgraded, but to be consider a flagship is not
applicable as the project have no active leaders.In my opinion is just
outdated at certain levels, but still useful.Agai, the project leaders are
not active promoting the project or updating the content. Last release
dates from 2010. That's 5 years ago.

Maybe the label 'Low activity' implies 'inactivity' but how do we
categorised projects whose project leaders are not active maintaining the
content, updating it and responding to potential users and consumers of the
content?

Any ideas are welcome :-)

regards

Johanna