[Owasp-board] [Owasp-leaders] Project Summit USA during APPSEC

johanna curiel curiel johanna.curiel at owasp.org
Mon Jun 22 23:38:42 UTC 2015


>From an AppSecUSA perspective we'd need to know any space requirements as
soon as possible for planning purposes. We're still ok to accommodate at
the moment, but sooner is better for planning purposes.

Micheal, 1 Conference room with capacity for at least 50 persons will be
enough, in a "school setting"(enough tables + chairs)
Setting can be as APPSEC NY 2013 or AMSTERDAM APPSEC 2015 which is really
good for these kind of sessions.

In Amsterdam we had 2 rooms but from experience, the summits are not that
busy so I prefer to downscale to just 1 room

In NY 2013, 1 room(with capacity for 100) also turned out to be more than
enough

Let us know what kind of rooms are available in the Hotel and we can choose
the best setting

Thanks


Johanna



On Mon, Jun 22, 2015 at 6:59 PM, Michael Coates <michael.coates at owasp.org>
wrote:

> Paul, Johanna, Board,
>
> From an AppSecUSA perspective we'd need to know any space requirements as
> soon as possible for planning purposes. We're still ok to accommodate at
> the moment, but sooner is better for planning purposes.
>
> From a budgeting perspective please work through Paul and foundation for
> any costs.
>
> AppSecUSA can commit to provide the meeting space (provided we have
> sufficient notice).
>
>
> --
> Michael Coates | @_mwc <https://twitter.com/intent/user?screen_name=_mwc>
> OWASP Global Board
> Join me at AppSecUSA <http://AppSecUSA.org> 2015 in San Francisco!
>
>
>
>
> On Mon, Jun 22, 2015 at 11:45 AM, Paul Ritchie <paul.ritchie at owasp.org>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Josh, Johanna, All:
>>
>> The Project Summit in Amsterdam turned out to be a great, well attended
>> event with about the same 90 day lead time for planning and preparation so
>> I'm prepared to have our new Project Coordinator, Claudia Aviles-Casanovas
>> jump in and help the Project Summit planning team asap for San Francisco.
>>
>> On the budgeting, we actually have 2 funds set aside for special programs
>> like this.
>> One is Community Engagement which we use for under funded Chapters,
>> speakers, & co-marketing events.
>> The second fund is for under-funded projects, and that is where the
>> original $10K for the Amsterdam Project Summit came from.
>> There is still funding available in that budget to fund $10K for a San
>> Francisco Project Summit.
>> https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Community_Engagement_-_Payments
>> See bottom of page.
>>
>> Looking forward to the discussion during this week's Board call.
>> Paul
>>
>> Best Regards, Paul Ritchie
>> OWASP Executive Director
>> paul.ritchie at owasp.org
>>
>>
>> On Mon, Jun 22, 2015 at 11:18 AM, OWASP AppSec USA 2012 <
>> appsecusa at owasp.org> wrote:
>>
>>> This seems like a reasonable request to me and I would think that we
>>> have unused funds from the Community Engagement Funding pool for projects
>>> that could be used for this.  I will put it on the June 24th Board meeting
>>> agenda for a discussion.
>>>
>>> ~josh
>>>
>>> On Sun, Jun 21, 2015 at 12:53 PM, johanna curiel curiel <
>>> johanna.curiel at owasp.org> wrote:
>>>
>>>> Also very important , your project must be active. Inactive projects
>>>> (+2 years) are not elegible
>>>> Conditions:
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>    - Project leaders must create an agenda with the topics they will
>>>>    be discussing with other project leaders in order to be eligible for
>>>>    participation
>>>>    - Preference is given first to Project leaders living in the USA
>>>>    and close region.
>>>>    - @APPSEC team: We ask a contribution from the APPSEC US budget
>>>>    (and chapter) to help us with the rental of 1 conference room at the
>>>>    Facilities, for 2 days before the conference
>>>>    - Limit budget for traveling cost for project leader is USD1,000-
>>>>     if their project has no funds that they can request from.
>>>>    - Reimbursement includes only the cost of the 2 days summit(Hotel
>>>>    room for 2 days + ticket)
>>>>    - *Your project must be active in order to participate*
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> On Sun, Jun 21, 2015 at 1:36 PM, johanna curiel curiel <
>>>> johanna.curiel at owasp.org> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> Dear Project Leaders,
>>>>>
>>>>> The Project Task Force wants to organise a second summit this year for
>>>>> project leaders living  in the USA & close region
>>>>>
>>>>> This is an official request to the board for a budget of USD10,000.
>>>>>
>>>>> Conditions:
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>    - Project leaders must create an agenda with the topics they will
>>>>>    be discussing with other project leaders in order to be eligible for
>>>>>    participation
>>>>>    - Preference is given first to Project leaders living in the USA
>>>>>    and close region.
>>>>>    - @APPSEC team: We ask a contribution from the APPSEC US budget
>>>>>    (and chapter) to help us with the rental of 1 conference room at the
>>>>>    Facilities, for 2 days before the conference
>>>>>    - Limit budget for traveling cost for project leader is USD1,000-
>>>>>     if their project has no funds that they can request from.
>>>>>    - Reimbursement includes only the cost of the 2 days summit(Hotel
>>>>>    room for 2 days + ticket)
>>>>>
>>>>> Project leaders interested to attend, please contact me asap so we can
>>>>> start setting a budget plan to be submitted for an approval
>>>>>
>>>>> Regards
>>>>>
>>>>> Johanna Curiel
>>>>>
>>>>> Project Review Team Leader
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>> OWASP-Leaders mailing list
>>>> OWASP-Leaders at lists.owasp.org
>>>> https://lists.owasp.org/mailman/listinfo/owasp-leaders
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> OWASP-Leaders mailing list
>>> OWASP-Leaders at lists.owasp.org
>>> https://lists.owasp.org/mailman/listinfo/owasp-leaders
>>>
>>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Owasp-board mailing list
>> Owasp-board at lists.owasp.org
>> https://lists.owasp.org/mailman/listinfo/owasp-board
>>
>>
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.owasp.org/pipermail/owasp-board/attachments/20150622/eb37fb07/attachment-0001.html>


More information about the Owasp-board mailing list