[Owasp-board] Higher Criteria on Starting projects

Josh Sokol josh.sokol at owasp.org
Mon Jun 22 18:33:08 UTC 2015

I realize that I'm not really adding anything new to this discussion, but I
think that the real challenge here is in creating project levels that more
accurately reflect the maturity of the projects in our catalog.  There is
nothing wrong with having a "ground floor" that serves as a starting point
for ideas or even a lower level of an "idea board" that people could pick
up and run with.  This is where creativity flows and innovation begins.
But....we need to be careful that ideas don't get misrepresented as
professional tools.  To that extent, I trust Johanna and team to devise a
system that allows everyone to flourish at OWASP, but still guides both
projects and their users as to the maturity of the tools and documentation
that are being represented.

~josh