[Owasp-board] Higher Criteria on Starting projects

johanna curiel curiel johanna.curiel at owasp.org
Sun Jun 21 17:49:52 UTC 2015

>Perhaps we could relabel incubator projects to not even be a project until
they hit lab level maturity?

Yes, maybe only when they reach the LAB status, we can call them OWASP
projects , including all the benefits that comes along with being an OWASP
project.

Our concern is that :

   - Incubators are right now a huge part of the inventory and take time to
   evaluate
   - We want to graduate faster from Incubator to LAB a project that has
   produce a susbtantial deliverable such as a finalised document or a
   tool/code that works as a Beta version.(Example: OWASP top ten privacy
   risk, OWASP IoT, Proactive controls, Python Security project) .
   - These projects deserve more exposure and attention and is not fair get
   lost among others that have not even produce anything

We have some very good Incubators but they get 'lost' in this large list of
projects among other that have no value at all and where started once but
actually do not work or have incomplete work.

Regards

Johanna