[Owasp-board] On-demand Training Proposal

Jim Manico jim.manico at owasp.org
Mon Jun 15 17:04:48 UTC 2015

Fabio,

We have a •core mission• to be open source. I do not think we should be doing •more• closed, proprietary, commercial work as an official OWASP endeavor.

What you are describing here is the work of a trade association, not a charity. We are 100% a charity and should be focusing more on charitable activities in my opinion.

I am not opposed to "competing" with the application security industry - but we should do it via ZAP and other good projects as well as enhancing our own resources and materials.

I would prefer to see OWASP stop it's commercial-backed trainings and instead build good open source materials that all can use - and hire trainers to deliver OWASP courses. Then we have a real training program, instead of the "ad-hoc" trainings we do now.

With respect,
--
Jim Manico
@Manicode