[Owasp-board] Regarding Hackademic project-follow up discussion clarifications

Timo Goosen timo.goosen at owasp.org
Fri Jul 24 13:09:51 UTC 2015

>I have already answered to that. All money in the project budget come from
Google Summer of Code and have been spent to get students and >contributors
to AppSec conferences and project summits. The $4500 of the code sprint
have not been allocated to Hackdemic; they have been allocated >directly to
the students.
Still a waste of money if the deliverables that the students come up with
are not going to be added to the codebase or documentation as we've seen in
the past with documentation given to the leaders.

>Thank you for expressing your *personal* opinion on our project Timo. I
respect it but would have appreciated it if it was more to the point and
targeted to >the right people, rather than the board list.
>Unfortunately, the way you and especially Johanna are handling this is
offensive and libelous. Very much different than constructive criticism.
We've tried being nice and talking to the project leaders and they just
ignore us.
Its convenient for you to find the criticism offensive.