[Owasp-board] Regarding Hackademic project-follow up discussion clarifications

Konstantinos Papapanagiotou Konstantinos at owasp.org
Fri Jul 24 12:49:15 UTC 2015

On Fri, Jul 24, 2015 at 11:30 AM, Timo Goosen <timo.goosen at owasp.org> wrote:

> We never said that the money from the code sprint come with additional
> responsibilities apart those mentioned in the proposal. Who do you think
> you are?
> >This project is not worth the amount of money spent on it. Who do you
> think you are? I'd like to see what all the money allocated to this project
> has been spent on.

I have already answered to that. All money in the project budget come from
Google Summer of Code and have been spent to get students and contributors
to AppSec conferences and project summits. The $4500 of the code sprint
have not been allocated to Hackdemic; they have been allocated directly to
the students.

> >I've been involved with owasp for more than 10 years now, I've worked
> with quite a few project leaders, Paolo and Samantha. They were all
> supportive >and helped you get actual work done. You don't care to do that.
> You only care to convince everyone about your point of view at any cost.
> I don't see how these statements have any relevance here. The discussion
> is about hackademic.

Well obviously not. This looks more like a discussion around code sprint
and money spending and btw burying a rather successful project to justify
the means.

> >Johanna, I don't want you involved in our project in any way from now on.
> I was actually wrong: you re not only unproductive, but destructive. I will
> >also personally refrain from volunteering in any activity you are either
> leading or participating.
> Well we don't want to be involved with it anymore either. This project is
> a waste of time and money to me.

Thank you for expressing your *personal* opinion on our project Timo. I
respect it but would have appreciated it if it was more to the point and
targeted to the right people, rather than the board list.
Unfortunately, the way you and especially Johanna are handling this is
offensive and libelous. Very much different than constructive criticism.

Kostas