[Owasp-board] Bylaws Update - Section 3.02

Josh Sokol josh.sokol at owasp.org
Wed Jul 22 15:13:15 UTC 2015

Fabio,

The document exists.  The URL just didn't encompass the last two characters:

https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/document/d/1A16CEWCebTC_vadzSsaGFsuvBD94HhkbgHKBZr6shII

Regarding the membership requirement, I agree that it would be best if
those on the Board had OWASP memberships.  That said, obtaining an OWASP
membership has no real qualification other than you paid your annual dues.
And, in the case of most who are running, an honorary membership can negate
even that much.  I'm not sure I see the value in making this limitation,
and, I could see a case being made to have a qualified candidate who wasn't
a member.  Personally, I don't feel like this is a restriction that makes
sense.

Regarding the term limit, is there a particular problem that you're trying
to solve with this by effectively removing one term?  It seems that this is
a relatively minor change, but I guess I'm not seeing the issue that this
change would address.  A bigger issue, in my opinion, would be burnout on
the Board and spending time trying to get fresh blood spun up.  If someone
wants to commit 8 years of their life to service on the Board, and the
community feels that they are the most qualified candidate, then why would
we want to restrict that?

~josh