[Owasp-board] AppSecUSA 2016 - Discussion

Paul Ritchie paul.ritchie at owasp.org
Wed Jul 8 20:49:23 UTC 2015

Hi All:

On this thread about AppSec USA/EU for 2016 and Chapter
hosts/volunteers.....

I have an update based on recent real-time conversations our staff has had
with leaders in Boston & WashDC/NoVA area over the past couple days.

Both regions are enthusiastic about the opportunity, but share significant
concerns about the increasing volunteer workload to actively manage &
produce a Global AppSec, as our events get larger & larger.

I believe we are outgrowing the older 'host chapter volunteer model' and we
need to expand the planning & project team to include local chapter
volunteers, significant staff resources (already engaged anyway), plus
experienced community leaders to focus on content, speakers & trainer
coordination.
I think a broader Project management team with clear ownership &
responsibilities by task is a real viable solution.

We expect to have an update & proposal for both AppSec EU Rome, as well as
AppSec USA 2016 by our July 22 Board meeting.....so we can bring this issue
to closure.

Paul

Best Regards, Paul Ritchie
OWASP Executive Director