[Owasp-board] AppSecUSA 2016 - Discussion

Noreen Whysel noreen.whysel at owasp.org
Wed Jul 8 20:40:06 UTC 2015

I read it to mean up/down voting on session submissions. There are services that do that like at SxSW.

The Foundation staff have been meeting with prospective hosts this week to try to see what it takes to make them step forward. The main concern was having enough planning and logistics support as these events have been getting really large and can overwhelm if the local volunteer staff is too small or not supported.

We are looking at ways to streamline all of the logistics. Laura showed us a pretty nice Gantt chart with estimated programming schedule and I passed around a sample run-of-show and other documents I have used for events in the past to help keep thing organized.

Noreen Whysel
Community Manager
OWASP Foundation