[Owasp-board] Code of conduct for OWASP events

Helen Gao helen.gao at owasp.org
Fri Feb 27 15:23:41 UTC 2015

Hi Andrew, Michael and the board.

I don't know what made me to speak out twice in one day even though I am
not a board member. But I admire Andrew's effort of bring this matter to
the boardroom. The question of the desired percentage reminds me of the 30%
Club <http://30percentclub.org/>. It's launched in the UK in 2010 with a
goal of 30% women corporate boards by end 2015. We shouldn't set a hard
percentage risking the quality of speakers, but the success of 30% Club did
show the effectiveness of goal setting.

BTW, 3 OWASP chapters in the New York metropolitan area are co-organizers
of New York Metro Joint Cyber Security Conference 2015. There was a well
received panel discussion of female CISOs in last year's conference. I
expect to see more female participation this year.

Regards,

Helen