[Owasp-board] Update on 2016 AppSec Conference & 'Call to Host'

Michael Coates michael.coates at owasp.org
Thu Feb 26 20:25:11 UTC 2015

I'm not surprised and was prepared that this day would come. It is a tall order to host and lots of risk for our org to nearly start from scratch each event.

I'd like to discuss a hybrid model that is led by foundation in preset locations where we can leverage known resources for repeatability and scale. We can still rotate to some degree but it's between known locations. This combined with a community effort for some aspects and dedicated new staff resources would work well. We gain stability and still leverage community for some aspects while driving from the foundation.