[Owasp-board] project funds donated by chapters - marketplace idea - Good/bad/stupid?

johanna curiel curiel johanna.curiel at owasp.org
Mon Feb 23 12:42:56 UTC 2015

This is a very interesting discussion.

I'm finalizing next week a report containing the testing results we did
last year. In total we tested 40 projects (Code/Tools) from Flagship to
Incubators.I will also give a presentation of my findings in EU

In the last year I have read at least 10 security books referencing OWASP
ZAP, Cheat sheets, Testing Guide, ASVS and even Code review.  The CISSP
/CSSLP latest versions has reference to the 'OWASP testing Guide'

These guides are referenced in PCI-DSS guide itself!!These are referenced
as the 'OWASP guide' and not the OWASP top 10.

I hope with the results of this report, including conclusions, that the
board can set a plan in conjunction with the community to give a proper
boost to the Projects.

I think that OWASP has enough financial means, whether to look for
sponsors, set a 'Project Support Team' to help boost them but keep in mind,
providing the support only from volunteers to push such a big work is not
realistic.

Regards

Johanna