[Owasp-board] Documentation Major upgrade promotion through LULU

Paul Ritchie paul.ritchie at owasp.org
Tue Feb 17 17:56:45 UTC 2015

Hello Johanna:

I'm not sure I've seen anyone answer this question, so let me help out.
And, I'm laughing about your comment about the 'hideous contact form'.  It
actually works quite well, so if you have a specific example on a question
not answered......come directly to me.

1.  OWASP already has a LULU account.  It looks like we have over 25
publications already there.
http://www.lulu.com/shop/search.ep?keyWords=owasp&type=
>>  the LULU account is administered from the Foundation office, so when
publications are ready, we post them on LuLu as directed by Project leaders.

2.  Earnings from LuLu??  Well, no.  The OWASP policy is to provide OWASP
materials free of charge.  When we post something to LuLu, we only price to
to cover costs from LuLu (printing, shipping, etc.).  Per policy, there is
no profit from sale of LuLu materials that goes back to the Foundation or
Chapters or Projects.

3.  Who can help get items published on LuLu?   For now, please reach out
to Noreen Whysel, our OWASP Community manager to coordinate what documents
are available and need to be published.  Versions in any language are
acceptable too.
>>  Of course, once you are ready to send a notice to "pleaes publish on
LuLu", I must ask you to use that "contact form".
http://www.tfaforms.com/308703

This is our tracking system for a customer service requests, a 'ticketing
system' if you will.  It is the best, most efficient way for use to serve
all of OWASP, internationally.

I hope this helps get those great Project documents published.
Regards, Paul

Best Regards, Paul Ritchie
OWASP Interim Executive Director
paul.ritchie at owasp.org