[Owasp-board] Fwd: OWASP .net email addresses and domain

Matt Tesauro matt.tesauro at owasp.org
Wed Aug 19 20:37:47 UTC 2015

Yeah, I replied to Martin's first email which regrettably had a bad
address.  Here's what didn't make it to the Board list:

[snip]
Martin,

>From what I can tell, we never owned it or it expired before Mark Bristow
consolidated all the domains the Foundation owned years ago.

I say that based on the fact that Mark setup a bunch of conference domains
with GoDaddy back around 2009-ish when he was part of the conference
committee.  Either at that time, or when the Foundation migrated off
hardware at Aspect's headquarters, the Foundation owned domain names were
consolidated at GoDaddy.

I just logged in to that account and no owasp.net is present and all the
domains are set to auto-renew so I doubt we let ownership slip.

Whois for the current owner is at:
http://www.networksolutions.com/whois/results.jsp?domain=owasp.net

HTH
[snip]