[Owasp-board] Board Attendance Fabio

tomb at owasp.org tomb at owasp.org
Tue Aug 18 19:34:09 UTC 2015

Alcon;

Every board member is assigned to a role as outlined in the bylaws every board member should have an oral and/or a written report at every board meeting.

In the event they are unable to attend the board meeting in person or via teleconference they should still be submitting their written report of progress (since the last meeting) plans (things they are working on before the next meeting) and problems (that assistance or discussion is needed that forms the agenda) OR simply a written statement that no report is applicable perhaps they were on holiday as example.

Further if you are not going to attend the meeting TELL SOMEONE before the meeting.

https://www.owasp.org/index.php/August_12,_2015 (see prior reports)

There's a lot of energy spent on emails that somebody missing a board meeting and the fact is if you read the job(bylaws) try to accommodate it best you can. The feeling that someone is not pulling his/her weight by missing a meeting could be a indicator but not the only responsibility of the role... In this case the foundations Treasurer who should have reviewed and signed off at least quarterly on the  employee/bookkeepers accounting report too.  Is there confidence in the performance of the Treasurer that is the elephant in the room question.

Remember that the meetings are recorded with Goto meeting  for that purpose and should be viewed and affirmed they have reviewed them if anyone misses a board session  (This is common practice for global boards)  a votes still count if called for the record

And recorded here:
https://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_Board_Votes

.... and yes a quorum is needed for the meeting to actually happen so at least a majority needs to show up.

Sent from my iPhone