[Owasp-board] Board Attendance Fabio

Tobias tobias.gondrom at owasp.org
Sat Aug 15 10:24:30 UTC 2015

I agree.

We could make changes if the board wants.

My mean reason is that we now have a much more global board and that
finding time slots that are ok for most is not always easy. Equally, I
would not want us to discriminate board members from other regions just
because the timezone is making attending very hard.
Technically, there have been board meetings for some participants (from
Hawaii, Australia and Asia) at times like 6:00am, midnight, 1:00am (and
at the beginning of the year also two times I believe also at 4:00am
Australia time).
We try our best to find good times and to spread the pain more equally,
but it is not always easy.

Maybe the 75% mark is a bit high considering the global distribution of
our board.
And/or we change from "must" to "may".

Up to what the board and community feels is tolerable.

Just a thought.

Best, Tobias