[Owasp-board] Board Attendance Fabio

Josh Sokol josh.sokol at owasp.org
Fri Aug 14 19:50:47 UTC 2015

Actually, I disagree and would strongly discourage any changes being made
to this bylaw.  The goal here is to force action on the part of the Board.
We still have plenty of room for understanding of circumstances which is
why the actual removal is not automatic, but having this policy prevents
any lingering in the grey area or favoritism.  Everyone is treated
equally.  So, based on this verbiage in the Bylaws it seems that we need to
have a mandatory vote of confidence in Fabio.  This is not a "house
keeping" thing until next month.  This should happen ASAP, but I do think
that Fabio should be given the opportunity to explain why he has fallen
under that bar before voting takes place.  My $0.02 as the Bylaws are the
rule of law for our organization and even a change in that rule in the
future, doesn't mean that it changes something that has happened under our
current Bylaws.  If the majority feels differently, then I suggest that we
escalate to Martin for consideration.

~josh