[Owasp-board] Board Attendance Fabio

Paul Ritchie paul.ritchie at owasp.org
Fri Aug 14 15:34:59 UTC 2015

Hi All:    I double checked the policy on the 75% Rule we just approved
back in May of this year, and it does allow some flexibility.

However, the wording does say "*Failure by a board member to meet the 75%
attendance requirement after any tabulation will cause a mandatory vote of
confidence....." *

Personally, as we make other changes to bylaws, I would recommend we change
this to* "...may cause a vote..."*    This will give the Board flexibility
to have a off-line, profession talk with anyone missing a few board
meetings 'first', before going to a vote.

So, for now, we can add this to the Sept. board agenda under "house
keeping", and simply "acknowledge the attendance gap, with a legitimate
explanation".

I think we all recognize and greatly appreciate the work Fabio is doing on
behalf of OWASP, so a change to the wording of the bylaws may be the best
path forward.

Best Regards, Paul Ritchie
OWASP Executive Director
paul.ritchie at owasp.org