[Owasp-board] Hawaii Conference

Tobias tobias.gondrom at owasp.org
Tue Aug 11 18:24:02 UTC 2015

+1

I like the idea.

Maybe you like to host a chapter meeting first, before going "full
conference".
Following past experience: a team of local volunteers seems important
for hosting a conference.

And a second comments: Hawaii is indeed half way mix between US and
Asia, so in theory you could get crowds from both places.

When I recently did another conference for the IETF in Hawaii, we
noticed one challenge, and that was that in addition to the airfare, a
number of people had problems getting this approved as education or
security conference, as the destination is see kind of too good to be
true for some senior manager approvals. So we had less attendees than
expected. :-(

Aloha,

Tobias