[Owasp-board] Hawaii Conference

Josh Sokol josh.sokol at owasp.org
Mon Aug 10 22:16:55 UTC 2015

I am all for the idea of OWASP having more conferences.  And with respect
to the Hawaii chapter being defunct, this may be the kind of event that
springboards into more participation in a local chapter so that's a
positive.  That said, my impression has always been that Hawaii is a
tourist destination.  If we can prove out that flights are cheap and hotel
is reasonable, then I'd say let's do it.  If not, then there's no harm in
keeping it a more regional event.  Even LASCON which is a regional event by
design will draw the occasional participant from California, Tennessee, and
beyond.  All it takes is a great list of speakers and people will want to
come.  Dibs on your couch.

~josh