[Owasp-board] Hawaii Conference

Jim Manico jim.manico at owasp.org
Mon Aug 10 22:08:14 UTC 2015

Paul,

This is very helpful, I'll drop the APAC (and other regional) chapters a
line and gauge interest. Hawaii gets about 2 million visitors from Japan
alone every year. I do not want to drown out the AppSec with "Hawaii"
talk, but Hawaii is a big draw because - um - it's paradise, you know? :)

People frequently ask me some form of the question, "Is Hawaii perfect
like we see in the movies and all that?" the answer is : _*yes*_. All
that AND awesome AppSec speakers and training.

I also reached out to ShakaCon to talk about coordinating conference
times next year. On that note...

Do you all like the idea of a March 2016 ish conference? This is off
season and a bit more affordable. Another option is to time this with
Shakacon and do it in late June or July. This is "peak season" and will
be more expensive, but will let folks use this conference as a
springboard to vacation with kids who should be out of school.

I'm sorry to spam the board list with all this - I'll move to a
conference specific list or the Hawaii list shortly.

Aloha,
Jim

--
Jim Manico