[Owasp-board] For Discussion - Hourly contractor for wiki housekeeping

johanna curiel curiel johanna.curiel at owasp.org
Mon Aug 10 12:47:30 UTC 2015

I think if you give Johanna and I delete rights on the wiki it would do
much more good as opposed to hiring somebody who is not familiar with the
content or the projects.

If this becomes a project under our guidance(which I think unfamiliar
people to the content cannot provide) is essential

Example
>From the home page you get this link:
https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Category:How_To

This is very old stuff and there are more relevant content and projects
that promoting from the home page the "OWASP LiveCD Education Project (SpoC
2007)" and "Webscarab" .

What we need is a *technical editor *to help us re-write and correct the
text. This way we can highlight relevant content and there is so much but
is not properly promoted.

This whole section is really VERY outdated and irrelevant right now,
especially from the homepage
[image: Inline image 1]

With all due respect, you need to know the content in order to direct users
to relevant one. We know which is the relevant content(especially
people familiar with the latest and updated projects)

We can make a plan of what will be clean up before deleting or doing
anything, but it's clear that without know-how of the content, hiring
someone will be not very efficient or effective in my opinion.

regards

Johanna