[Owasp-board] Hawaii Conference

Jim Manico jim.manico at owasp.org
Sun Aug 9 21:42:06 UTC 2015

So again Michael et al...

* Hawaii has a very small tech community scattered across several islands
* Regional Hawaii tech conference are tough since our tech community is
so small
* The OWASP Chapter is defunct in Hawaii

I still want to do something. Perhaps just focus on a small conference
on Kauai next year? Or propose something bigger?

I am extremely flexible here. I have been asked about a Hawaii OWASP
conference on many occasions and I have time to put in serious effort to
make it happen.

I think it will be easy to get good speakers, frankly. Shakacon has
attracted a large number of amazing speakers - it's one of the more
competitive conferences on the security circuit.

What is the best path for the first run? 1-day no training? 2-day? 2-day
+ 1-day of training? I'd be grateful for more suggestions....

Another possibility is to tag onto the end of Shakacon
http://shakacon.org/. We would do our own thing of course - but just
time a OWASP conference to happen right before or after Shakacon to
leverage the community that will already be in town.

Just thinking out loud. I'm eager for suggestions.

Anyhow - I'll reactive the Hawaii chapter list and move a more serious
conversation there, soon.

Aloha,

--
Jim Manico