[Owasp-board] For Discussion - Hourly contractor for wiki housekeeping

Noreen Whysel noreen.whysel at owasp.org
Thu Aug 6 13:47:12 UTC 2015

Johanna,

Have you tried creating a new category? Type
https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Category:new-category-name and see if it
lets you edit the new category page. BTW, the wiki seems to be extremely
slow today.

Are you able to view the Special Pages for Categories? If not you may not
have a high enough user setting. It doesn't seem that all the categories
are protected pages, but I am not sure.

https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Special:Categories

There are also category tracking functions built into Mediawiki. None of
the pages appear to be populated, which could just mean there are no pages
using these tags or having the tracked problems.

https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Special:TrackingCategories

Timo, There is a FIXME category tag for FIXME/delete and another for
candidate for deletion that I believe people had been using to recommend
pages to delete. You can see all the FIXME categories on the Category:FIXME
page. I think Matt Tesauro is the only person who has deletion rights, but
he may know if there are others.

https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Category:FIXME
https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Category:FIXME/delete
https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Category:CandidateForDeletion