[Owasp-board] Compliance Officer for 2015

Matt Konda matt.konda at owasp.org
Thu Apr 30 03:36:27 UTC 2015

Follow up on this discussion about the Compliance Officer role...

I was surprised to hear that Martin (or others) might need a committee to
help handle compliance issues.

I certainly appreciate Martin's work and I understand 2014 was a tough year
for this role, but doing a reality check my sense is that it should be a
relatively manageable amount of work in most years.  I'm worried that
without formal training, lines of responsibility and accountability that
the credibility of the people in this role could get eroded.  I think
Martin maintained credibility and that is part of why he was successful in
the role.

Therefore, I would suggest that for 2016, we define what the time,
experience and process expectations are more formally and then consider how
to fit that need.  It may be that we do need a committee.  I'm just wary of
going that route prematurely.  Reading the current policy, it is written to
a single person filling the role.

Thanks,
Matt